This evening's will be a short entry. Time on line is difficult to come by, and I am tired. I am certainly not alone in that - I think we all are out here, and the grey sky and routine drizzle contribute to the general gloom. Travel from here has been daily denied. Either the cieling is too low, or aircraft are in various states of disrepair. Whatever the story, we are short on space, short on time to make a complete handoff with the vacating unit (not that that will have any lasting impact on our combat effectiveness, the unit is well trained and prepared, I believe), and I think we are running a little thin of patience; though, for the most part, there remains an aire of expectancy. This is to be a benchmark year in the unfolding story of this country. The elections are set to take place in August, international attention is turning full-focus on this Afghanistan, and - I think, much of the population here considers this to be a 'do or die' period. An elderly local man with whom I shared a seat on a bus today said, 'if Afghanistan will succeed it will be the product of many years - but must begin to move right within three.'
Well - in other news, 5 soldiers in the squadron have asked to lead Bible studies on their respective Combat outposts! That is wonderful news for us - and I am hopeful that it will be the catalyst for many changed lives and wise combat decisions made. We will begin, I think - by the request of two of these leaders, with the book / Scripture study Wild at Heart.
I have exactly one minute left and better sign out before I get cut off.
grace and peace to you all.
matthew
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It has been gloomy here as well Matt. Too cold for ultimate frisbee?
ReplyDeleteMatt, This is Donny Hamill, I just got word of you leaving, and wanted to say God speed to you my brother, and I hope your journey is a safe one.. I remember when we talked about my time there at mojo-buritto!!!! take care, Donny
ReplyDeleteHey Matt, Peace be with you I Pay for you and the family several times a day. Stay safe and keep up the good work that God has placed you in.Randy and Marla
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome about starting scripture study groups. What better weapon to have on your side than the power of the words of GOD. :)
ReplyDeleteMatthew,
ReplyDeleteEnjoy and learn so much through Denali Shepherd as to how God is working in Afghanisthan. May all soldiers in Team Paktya glorify our Living Lord Jesus. As we look towards the Cross and the passion and finished work of Christ, we can praise God that our sins acn be forgiven because of His Son's atoning death. I Praise God for all the soldiers in Team Paktya. My prayers are that God will fill you all with the knowledge of His will through all wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you all may live lives worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way, bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience. May the LORD be your refuge and fortress and deliver all the soldiers from fowler's snare and from deadly IED's. In Christ. Papa Gai.
Matt,
ReplyDeleteThank all the soldiers for their great sacrifice for our country. May they all experience the presence of the Living Christ. Papa Gai